TUCSON, Ariz.— The Arizona Wildcats (22-10, 10-5) wrap up a brief home game with a matchup against the New Mexico State Aggies (12-17, 4-11) Tuesday night at Hi Corbett Field . The first pitch is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. MST.
Right-handed Dawson Netz and Cam Blazek will square off in the 66th all-time meeting between the two regional opponents. Arizona won its last game against NMSU, 14-3, at the end of the 2021 campaign.
Tuesday’s game will be streamed live via Pac-12 Insider and streamed locally on Wildcats Radio 1290 AM with voice play-by-play Brian Jeffries On call.
More information on Tuesday’s game can be found below.
|Date||Opponent||Time (MST)||Arizona Pitcher||opposing pitcher|
|tuesday april 12||New Mexico State||6:00 p.m.||HPR Dawson Netz (2-1, 4.76)||RHP Cam Blazek (1-2, 7.15)|
On your mind…
- The Arizona Wildcats and New Mexico State Aggies face off in the first of two midweek matchups scheduled for 2022. The game will be broadcast live on Wildcats Radio 1290 AM with play-by- play of Brian Jeffries.
- Arizona leads the all-time series against New Mexico State, 57-8, with games dating back to 1917. The Wildcats have won 10 straight games in the series, with the Aggies’ last wins dating back to the season 2012.
- Arizona has scored at least one point in 204 consecutive games, the longest active scoring streak in the Power Five and the second longest in program history. They are 28 games away from tying the longest known streak in school history.
- The Cats remain ranked in all major national polls, including a high No. 12 in college baseball. D1Baseball currently ranks Arizona No. 20.
- As of games played Sunday, second-year catcher Daniel Susac ranks fifth among all Division I players with 56 hits. He leads the Pac-12 with a .392 AVG and ranks among the top five players in the league in doubles, RBI, SLG, total bases and extra hits.
- Five former Wildcats made the 2022 MLB Opening Day rosters: INF Bobby Dalbec (Red Sox), RHP Tylor Megill (Mets), RHP Mark Melancon (Diamondbacks), INF Kevin Newman (Pirates) and INF Alfonso Rivas (Cubs).
- outfielder mac bingham reached base safely in 20 straight games. His 20-game on-base streak is the longest of his career.